Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Drive in the Mountains

Sometimes one just has to escape the pressure of work and life by jumping into the car to take a day trip. This day was just how I was feeling. I got up early that morning with no idea of where I was heading, I just knew I was hitting the road. As I typed in several different locations of interest, Highlands, NC was selected. The good thing about Atlanta is there are many wonderful points of interests within a 2/3 hour drive. For me, the drive to some of these locations have a very relaxing travel...Highlands being one of them. I stopped by Starbucks for coffee and breakfast, typed in the location into my GPS and set out. Soon I was able to open my sunroof (if I had my dream car vintage black MGB convertible I would have really be set), plugged in my iPod and jazzed out. In Highlands, I stopped to take myself to lunch and then on to a local art gallery. Here I was greeted by the artist in residence...whom is 85 years old. He has the gallery and land up for sale so he can travel and paint.

Below are some of the photos of my beautiful drive and some of the shops

















No comments:

Post a Comment