Sunday, June 6, 2010

Marcia Weber Horicultural Designer...Outdoor Gardens

When I started research for this blog, I dreamt of outdoor spaces to share laughter and great food with friends. I searched the internet, magazines and books for photos. As an artist, I love to paint outdoor living spaces so I knew visually what I wanted to share with my readers. When I volunteered at the Atlanta Symphony Showhouse in May, I was inspired by the design of a local horticulturist, Marcia Weber. I knew that I wanted to include photos of her designs in this blog.

Low and behold, I never expected to find that Marcia was raised in the county adjunct to the county where I was raised. In Mississippi, we would consider us neighbors. I was raised in Meridian, Mississippi and made my way to Atlanta via Houston, Texas and Bradenton, Florida. Marcia was raised on a farm in Noxubee County, Mississippi. She founded her company Marcia Weber Gardens to Love in 1979. Her creations have been featured in national and regional publications including Better Homes and Gardens, Atlanta Style and Design, Southern Living, House and Gardens, Atlanta Magazine, Atlanta Homes and Lifestyles, and The Highlander. Her desgins vary from contemporary to classic. Marcia has appeared as a guest designer on Ground Breakers, HGTV’s premier landscaping television show.

It was great to find a fellow Mississippian living in Atlanta.




No comments:

Post a Comment