Friday, July 2, 2010

Summer Time and You Want Less Clutter

I know that anyone who knows me is laughing right now if they just saw my office. Unfortunately for my business, I can really make a mess when I start pulling an project together. Fabrics, tiles, paint, countertops, carpet and catalogs are laying everywhere in my library. The paperwork piles up on my desk and my floor. It gets crazy.

I went to work the other day and the piles were sitting on both sides of my laptop and even behind it. I walked in, saw the desk and I walked out.....no joking. A little while later I returned and thought, "okay, just put the piles on the floor, have a clear desk area and you can proceed". Which is exactly what I did.

This  event triggered a conversation with my director of marketing and she offered this. "Jan you love to blog, write a blog on decluttering". Whom better than a person who has experienced the clutter and is now removing it.

It's summertime and the living is easy, so let's get started making our living easy.

The next few blogs will be my steps,that hopefully you will follow along with me, to declutter and detox your life/living areas.

First, after moving my piles to the floor, my breathing got easier. I worked just on my desk.

Suggestion 1: Only take space or area at a time. Don't think about the piles, just one small area. By concentrating on one small space, when it is completing clean, clear and organized you feel like you have done something HUGE!!!

Clense, Detox, Decompressed.

To inspire us, below are some photos of very clean and organized spaces

1 comment:

  1. Wow…. The pics are so great. The ideas that what you are offered is perfectly matched to my expectation. Carpet Floor really give a very wonderful look.

    ReplyDelete