Monday, July 19, 2010

A Day of Celebration

Today is my birthday.  Coming off a vacation with some of my family, I continue to reflect of the important things in life.  As I sat on the beach last week, with no cell phone reception, I was forced to slow down.  My focus was on my great niece and nephew who were lost in abandonment of thrill of the waves and sandcastles.

They played with the waves, bouncing them to and fro, rhrilled with the excitement.  The laughter and smiles put everything back into perspective.  I am a workaholic and I found that I need no cell phone service to turn my attention to the great gifts we all have.  Unfortunately we lose sight of them.

And as I reflect on the people that love me and wish me warm wishes, I want to leave the decluttering behind.  I want everyone to take a few moments to think about the people that are important to them.  And the ones that we forget to put first, or at least put to the front of our list.  We all have so many wonderful people in our lives that we neglect.  Today, I want you to celebrate with me and reach out to those people.  Tell them just how important they are to you. 

Tomorrow busyness can fill your days, but today celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment