Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Decluttering Your Living Space

Good morning.  It is a beautiful sunfilled day here in Atlanta. I hope that you are moving through your piles of stuff and clearing out.  As you keep going, you will find how much lighter you feel when you walk into the room.  I know that when I came from completing (along with my team) a 100,000 sq. ft. furniture showroom each market, I would walk into my small decluttered home and I instantly felt comfort.

In my earlier blogs, I have talked about decluttering your closets and starting with small areas of space.  I believe by now you are getting the hang of it.  So let's look at ways to organize what you still want to keep.

Do you have a good bit of  framed family photos that are sitting on furniture?  Or lying in a drawer or book somewhere?  Do you want to display them but do not want one more thing to dust?  I would suggest that you pick your favorites first.  A great way to display them is on the wall.  If they are family photos I usually prefer to hang them down the hall or in a home office.  I would choose at least 3 different frame styles to use.  First arrange them on the floor in front of the wall area you want to use.  Try placing them 2-3" apart and grouping them together.

With the remaining photos, scan them into a computer and save them on a disk.  Or you can take them to a shop that will do this for you.  I suggest organizing them by family members, events or dates. Label the disk and purchase a disk storage for them.  I would place them in a fireproof safe in the attic or basement.

I hope that these suggestions are helpful to you.  Less clutter will free you.

Til tomorrow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment