Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Time To Reflect

Many of my blogs are written by an inspiration.  This past weekend as I cleaned my office I thought about all the papers that came and went of out a space.  And then I began a self evaluation.  So my inspiration for these blogs were born.

Surprisingly enough when I started research for my writings, there was not a whole lot regarding our personal lives.  Odd to me that this subject was not written on much in the web world. Or maybe it is just my lack of SE research that limited me.

But what I did read and learn I have condensed.  And I will begin where I think is the starting point.

Reflecting, a word that has so many different meanings.  For me, I immediately think to my life.  To clear our mind of the clutter and noise of the world, reflecting allows time to look into your past.  Many times this reflection will be an eye opener on a subject you thought had long been gone.

As I did this weekend, take time to reflect on your past few days, months, or what time period your mind takes you to.  Embrace these thoughts.  For in reflection, lies the future.  You cannot go forward without knowing where you came from.

Find a quiet place, either in your home or outside.  I love the sound of water and have found myself many times sitting near a fountain or stream.  In your home, you might like a darker spot for your cocooning.  And yet many love a bright and sunny location.  Wherever you decide, allow yourself time to be there.  Time to let the mind saturate the calm and peace that you are giving it.

As your mind losing itself in the silence that peace can offer, feel your body relaxing.  Your breathing will become calmer.  And in this time, soft moments you have experienced will come forward.  Look into this moments and explore them.  For out of these, insight for direction will come.

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate your thoughts on reflection . Too much of the time we are way too busy to stop, be still and quiet. Or we allow a kind of morbid introspection that does not lead to peace in our lives. I truly value my quiet time and have come to depend upon it for the quality of life I need to have. I like to think of it as the base I operate from. Those moments with God in the early morning are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete